Which Would You Choose? (Brand Names)

Which brand would you choose?

• Total voters

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Not to completely derail this thread, but compare the number of automotive makers with the number of 'brands' desired in this thread. That, by itself, should derail the 'brand recognition' argument in the conference debate. ;) Ok, proceed.

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Just a comment on leasing, since I have done it once when I was younger and less worldly.

If you lease, you will be paying to finance the expected depreciation for the seller. So it's a expensive way to get a car. You are better off to buy and sell/trade later if you can afford a down pmt or a higher payment.

That said, if you still want to lease, gotta go for the Lexus. Since it is a Toyota it will depreciate less and thus you will get more luxury for the money. BMW and Volvo depreciate like an elevator with the cable cut.

WRT brands- If I had unlimited funds to buy a car and had to choose between BMW, Lexus, and Volvo.... I'd buy a Jag ;)

• Friendly

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Ive had a Volvo S90 for about 3 months and love it.
I have an XC60 that I love. Drives like a dream.

If looking at a Volvo, consider the "overseas Delivery program". I've had a few family members that have done this and would do it again in a heartbeat. I would have, but my car that I was replacing didn't seem to understand the time line.

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I have an XC60 that I love. Drives like a dream.

If looking at a Volvo, consider the "overseas Delivery program". I've had a few family members that have done this and would do it again in a heartbeat. I would have, but my car that I was replacing didn't seem to understand the time line.

I am fascinated in this when looking at it. It's such a good idea, and so fun. I've never had Sweden very far up on my "to visit" list, but it's brilliant!

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
I am fascinated in this when looking at it. It's such a good idea, and so fun. I've never had Sweden very far up on my "to visit" list, but it's brilliant!
what my family did was fly to sweden for a couple days and then travel to other parts of Europe.

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
what my family did was fly to sweden for a couple days and then travel to other parts of Europe.

It looks like there are a TON of options that they facilitate! It's crazy - that's an amazing deal.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I've had one of each. I currently own a BMW 540i Xdrive and I do love the car. But the XC90 continues to catch my eye, even though my other car is a Yukon. This said, I'm considering dumping both vehicles and getting an Audi Q8.

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I would go Audi. Germans are evil but really created a ton of great things. And yes I am German.

I've had one of each. I currently own a BMW 540i Xdrive and I do love the car. But the XC90 continues to catch my eye, even though my other car is a Yukon. This said, I'm considering dumping both vehicles and getting an Audi Q8.

I love Audis! We had an opportunity to drive an A4 about a year ago, and didn't have the best situation (the display was on the fritz). But I love the company!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I did want to clarify - I wasn't doing a whole bragging "which car that's soooo fancy should I buy" thread! It was more of a conversation in, "How do you look at brand names, and what are your criteria?"

For example - of these three, even though it's not the fanciest or most prestigious of the three, I like Volvo because they're goofy and unique and different. I don't know that I'd choose a car based off of those criteria, but just for name brand alone, it's the most interesting to me.

Cybone

Apr 11, 2006
I had a friend who purchased a “Certified Pre-Owned” BMW from the dealership awhile ago. He needed to get some work done on it and found that the car had major frame damage that was not reported when he bought it. He checked the VIN and found that it had been listed as totaled, but some how the dealership made it look all pretty and sold it to him.

I guess I am suggesting that you so some home work when buying used BMW’s from some dealerships

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I did want to clarify - I wasn't doing a whole bragging "which car that's soooo fancy should I buy" thread! It was more of a conversation in, "How do you look at brand names, and what are your criteria?"

For example - of these three, even though it's not the fanciest or most prestigious of the three, I like Volvo because they're goofy and unique and different. I don't know that I'd choose a car based off of those criteria, but just for name brand alone, it's the most interesting to me.

Too late, you are learing down on all the poors who drive Chevys and a Hyuandai.

• Haha

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Too late, you are learing down on all the poors who drive Chevys and a Hyuandai.

I think I have honked at you from my current mom van Honda Odyssey! :D It's certainly never been detailed.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If I wanted a more race car, bumpy/firm feel I’d go with a BMW. If I wanted a more luxury comfortable smooth drive I’d go with the Lexus. I think I’d lean to the BMW, of the three options at this stage in my life.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
For me.... it's Lexus.... and it's not even close.

You're getting the most reliability and safety.... and they look sweet too. BMW's are terrible for reliability, and Volvo's are kinda ugly IMO.

Help Support Us

Become a patron