Where is everyone staying in Vegas for UNLV

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
Dec 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
I never have problems getting a fridge. I always try to show up exactly at check in time, which makes getting one easier. It’s a must have, imo.

I think they've made it much harder and the "trick" is to say you have medicine that requires refrigeration, which I think is kinda crappy to lie about. Now most of Caesars properties removed the mini bar and put in a fridge but still.

I wouldn't mess with putting food in a mini bar. I know a friend that had to pay for every bottle their food touched since it messed with the sensors.

If I don't get a place with a fridge, I do the classic @CycloneDaddy method of just filling the sink with ice.

CycloneDiver

Apr 25, 2017
WDM
Was just in Vegas last week. CRAZY busy. We have always gotten a dorm fridge @ Venetian/Palazzo just for the asking. Last year it was a tiny thing I could fit 5 cans in. Like the size of a toaster. This year there was a $25/night charge even tho we told them it was for insulin. Not sure what other places are doing. “There’s a small shelf in the beverage fridge you can use”. Had room for insulin and 2 cans. Very careful not to touch the $15 + cans and bottles

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
I never have problems getting a fridge. I always try to show up exactly at check in time, which makes getting one easier. It’s a must have, imo.
If you are that set on a small fridge you are definitely doing something wrong while vacationing. There are bigger fish to fry then be a snob and NEED a fridge unless it’s fir medical reasons

Legend12

May 9, 2008
This is untrue on a taxi. You can get at taxi at any time on game day. You can then walk to any hotel after the game and get a taxi.

That is not the current state of affairs in Vegas. I was there last month on a normal weekend and there were times that you couldn’t get a cab or Uber due to their driver shortage.

ISU is going to have what 20,000 - 30,000 fans at one end of the strip?….add in rising COVID #s and a mask mandate that went into effect at midnight and the driver numbers are probably not going to get much better.

The tram(s) and then some walking are going to be most people’s best bets if it is anywhere near game time or after the game.

Reactions: I@ST1

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
This is untrue on a taxi. You can get at taxi at any time on game day. You can then walk to any hotel after the game and get a taxi.
You can’t be any more wrong. I just was there not long ago and also have talked to many people that have been and had issues since Covid hit. Driver shortage is a huge problem. Actually almost missed my flight because there were not any ubers available when we were leaving the hotel to go to airport

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
You can’t be any more wrong. I just was there not long ago and also have talked to many people that have been and had issues since Covid hit. Driver shortage is a huge problem. Actually almost missed my flight because there were not any ubers available when we were leaving the hotel to go to airport

Interesting. I just got back from there a month ago and didn’t experience any Taxi shortage. You may have had an issue with UBER. I don’t use Uber there.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
Dec 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Interesting. I just got back from there a month ago and didn’t experience any Taxi shortage. You may have had an issue with UBER. I don’t use Uber there.

Which hotel were you at? I've heard the Taxi's aren't bad near City Center but get worse as you get further out at the moment. In normal times you could get a taxi all day without problems anywhere.

I plan on getting a black car or limo to pick me up from the airport to avoid all that crap. Then Tram it and walk everywhere else.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Which hotel were you at? I've heard the Taxi's aren't bad near City Center but get worse as you get further out at the moment. In normal times you could get a taxi all day without problems anywhere.

I plan on getting a black car or limo to pick me up from the airport to avoid all that crap. Then Tram it and walk everywhere else.

Stayed at PH this go around. Black Car or Limo is a good option. Tried to get one from the airport to PH (without a reservation). It was like an hour wait. Settle to get in the taxi line and it actually moved pretty quick.

GrindingAway

Nov 27, 2006
I've never really understood hotel snobbery on the Vegas strip. I basically think of the strip as one giant hotel complex. Find the cheapest room along the strip and then just go wherever you want to enjoy amenities. (staying with in a single property to get comp points if that is a priority to you).

A hotel room is a hotel room and if you are spending a lot of time in your room you are doing Vegas wrong. Stay where it's cheap and walk across the street to the nice place. (Note crappy properties on the extreme ends for the strip do have disadvantages).

Reactions: clonefreek

GrindingAway

Nov 27, 2006
Now that we have established where people are staying, what is everyone's strategy for surviving until game time? I'm starting to get old. I'm thinking late late night Friday and then crash until noon or early afternoon on Saturday might be the best plan.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
Dec 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Now that we have established where people are staying, what is everyone's strategy for surviving until game time? I'm starting to get old. I'm thinking late late night Friday and then crash until noon or early afternoon on Saturday might be the best plan.

I am arriving like 9-10 days before the game lol. I might be a zombie by the time the game rolls around.

Also there may be some tailgate experience behind the Luxor which I assume will have many fans.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
This is my worry, i havent been to vegas since I was like 28 and last time i was there i got 4 hours of sleep in 3 days. I have a feeling I will be sleeping a lot more this time around but we will see. Usually overpriced drinks keep me from getting too hammered during the day.

Help Support Us

Become a patron