What's on the menu for tonight? - Evening meal thread

ScottyP

Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA via Ogden
This thread was inspired by the "What are you drinking tonight" thread. Post what you are cooking for supper or what restaurant you are going to. I do most of the cooking in our house and struggle at times trying to figure out what to make for an evening meal. I'm hoping to get a few ideas from this thread. Might be an opportunity to share recipes as well. Pictures welcome (of the food).

I'm grilling some bacon-wrapped sirloins with mashed potatoes and roasted brussel sprouts for this evening's meal.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Calzones (pepperoni, italian sausage, mushrooms, and banana peppers) and salad. Keeping it easy on a Friday night.

JP4CY

Plaque + alternates = down in the ladies room
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Friday night is usually clean the fridge out of everything night.
Hummus, maybe open salsa or queso, last of lettuce, etc. Make some popcorn.
Saturday we'll eat out, then Sunday make a huge meal.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We're planning on grilled chicken and veggies, but we always have a back-up plan of something simpler like pancakes and sausage, grilled cheese, popcorn, etc. We make a menu every week and usually hit about 4-5 days of ideas in some random order.

Some planned weeks are great, but there are gonna be some days where both of us are drained and need to call an audible.

I've definitely nixed dinner ideas solely on the amount of dishes and clean-up involved.

Help Support Us

Become a patron