WBB - ISU vs Iowa

ruxCYtable

Aug 29, 2007
Colorado Springs
I know they're girls and we're supposed to treat them gently but the last time I saw that little hustle, heart, desire and intensity the coach's name was McDermott. A good high school team should've been able to beat the Hawks tonight. Bad shots, bad passing, little to no hustle on defense, no one rebounding (I think we lost a couple boards when we had a 4-1 advantage)...pathetic.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Kidd played too much and was 0-8 from the three point line. I know she rebounded well, but not being able to see the game...

Kidd played well and coach wanted 3-pointers. Kidd is a dynamo and I think her drive is contagious. I have to say this was the worst game we've played since pounding by UCONN. Should of been close at the end but no Pop. I had assured myself she'd be in there for the win. Well onward.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
2 very poor teams on the floor tonight. Kidd needs to stop pulling the trigger every time she gets the ball in her hands although no one else was much better. I've never seen so many phantom calls on the Cyclones in my view. With that being said, we would have won I think with Pop on the floor. Time to forget this one and move on.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Problem is, they take they Cy-EIU point total down to 9-6. I'd like to see us take the money from Hy-Vee in a year where all the comp is in their ******** town.

Since it been five minutes since I posted how much I HATE losing to the hawkeyes I can again post that I HATE losing to the freakin' hawkeyes!

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
I know this is a bad time to complain about anything, but I have honestly stopped watching WBB entirely because officiating is consistently sub-par. The games are brutal yet hardly anything usually gets called. Tried watching the Baylor-ND game the other night and had to turn it off after 5 minutes because of it.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
hopefully Pop will soon be back and healthy.

After the first concussion it is easy to get the second one. Ask Morneau.

That said, what a lousy shooting team effort. The people shooting for the most part were missing badly. Bill should have them take about a thousand shots in the gym this week.

Scheduling. Why is this Iowa's tenth game and our sixth and our first on the road? That is an automatic formula for failure. We can schedule better than that.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The problems with Prins is no leadership and soft as a marsh mellow on the inside. Not sure what she is suppose to be doing....but it stunk.
Prins held her own. Johnson has been scoring 18 per game and she scored 7. The problem in this game wasn't Prins.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Prins held her own. Johnson has been scoring 18 per game and she scored 7. The problem in this game wasn't Prins.

believe what you want....she has no real inside game and does not impose her will near the basket. She especially does not bring her game up as a senior when it is needed. (with Pop being out).

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I have been saying Prins should develop her inside game all along and quit shooting threes. That said, Prins is a great defensive presence inside. They don't need her to score that much. I would like her to score, and she should shoot inside, but she should play in the post and quit going outside and shooting threes, she is too valuable inside. The problem in this game is we were out-coached. I like Fennelly as a coach, but he should have figured out they were going to key on Christopherson when Poppens didn't play. He should have set the offense around getting her open and then working for open three pointers by Brynn, Moody, and whoever else. The difference in the game is they took Hallie out of her game, and they were ready to play our team, we weren't ready to play their team. Maybe I'm wrong, but with Pop out, if we don't get Hallie playing well, we are likely to lose.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
If Pop plays, we win. If Moody starts, we win. As it is, we're likely not.
We could have won anyway. We just needed some more shots to fall. I thought leaving Kid in there for 0-8 three point shooting didn't make sense. We turned the ball over, Emiah is a better ball handler. She played 7 minutes, had one field goal attempt. Come On!

LostinIowaCity

Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA
I know this isn't going to be popular, but I thought it was a really poorly coached game. There's no reason Prins should ever shoot 10 threes in a game. Kidd will be a good shooter, but after missing her first five, I think it's time to look for other options. Iowa was playing physical defense. We should have tried to draw contact and gotten to the free throw line more often.

I thought the defense had some breakdowns, but played really well. Defensive rebounding was mediocre at times, but that's to be expected with Pop out.

Honestly, I think we win this game pretty easily if we have Pop, but the team looked lost on the offensive end of the floor. Maybe the team didn't execute the plays correctly, but I think BF called a bad game.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
The primary reason Iowa is shooting a lot more FT is they are driving and we are not for the most part. There have been bad calls but they haven't been egregious.
Why didn't we drive? We have a good driving team, were they being clobbered every time they tried a drive? I couldn't see it. Just asking.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Hallie being a non-factor and Emiah having some frosh errors and inconsistent at best officiating cost this game not Anna. Upside is Anna looked strong against the best post in the big 10 and Moody was clearly the best player on the court.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I have to agree with you. This was a team loss, no reason to throw Prins under the bus. She had some brutal efforts under the hoop on offense but more than did her job on defense against Johnson. This was a total team loss and no one played well, no one. It also did not look like we had a good coaching game either.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron