Unbelievable

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm in the Dahl's parking lot getting ready to to go inside. I see two guys, both probably about 70 years old arguing in the parking lot. One was driving a gold truck with a red topper - with an American flag and and ISU flag on each side of the truck.

The other guy was driving a black truck - but no insignias or flags. By the time I got to them they were yeling at each other and seriously appeared to be ready to go into a fist fight. I got in the middle of them and told them I'd kicik both their ***** if they didn't knock it off.

The guy in the black truck stormed off and drove away. The other guy stared him down as he left. I don't really know what occurred, but based on the trucks and the flags, I believe it was an ISU versus Iowa confrontation. Can you believe this still happens at the age of 70? I was totally floored.

Has anybody else seen something like this? Are passions higher now than they've ever been? Good Lord.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
That is a pretty big conclusion you are jumping to based off trucks and window decor.

537378924_fc5c056e02.jpg

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
some of these older fans are worse... I had a horrible experience with a 70 or 80 year old Hawk fan. I've also had problems with middle aged fans as well.

Many of the younger fans can be punks, but the absolute worse are grown men fighting or grown men trying to fight an 18 year old (both of those situations I had was during my freshman year at a basketball game).

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Even if it wasn't an IA vs ISU fight, it's still really sad for two 70 year old men.

I thought our elders were suppposed to be wiser....

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm not making a judgment of school affiliations - but the ISU guy was clearly ISU. Who drives a gold truck with a red topper and an ISU flag on it. Who knows what they were fighting about - it was simply bizzare. Beyond that I can psss no judgment.

I coached youth sports for years ansd got used to breaking up squabbles - but between 70 year old guys????

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Often times, when you find people resorting to physical violence or those swiftly threatening such - you're dealing with individuals that don't have the mental capacity to handle the situation in any other manner.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Often times, when you find people resorting to physical violence or those swiftly threatening such - you're dealing with individuals that don't have the mental capacity to handle the situation in any other manner.

Whatever. If I were in the same room as you, I'd beat the crap out of you!

:wink:

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
The other guy was driving a black truck - but no insignias or flags. By the time I got to them they were yeling at each other and seriously appeared to be ready to go into a fist fight. I got in the middle of them and told them I'd kicik both their ***** if they didn't knock it off.

I like it. Combat violence with violence. Oh the irony!

Last edited:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Did one of them have a cane, and was the other one sitting down?

"Attention Dahl's shoppers, we have an old man fight outside. Old man fight outside."
cripple_sm.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron