Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Ok...and was it the result of indifference? A lack of emphasis on the Iowa game?

No. Sometimes you just don't play well. That's why this notion that its more important to Iowa is just silly.
This is rational thinking. But how many games other than ours did Iowa look like a top ten team last season? It does make you scratch your head.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Just tired of the lame excuse that ISU never gets up for Cy-Hawk games like Iowa does.

Well…. if that’s the case, then I wish we’d start getting up for them…. losing is embarrassing.
I think it is a valid argument. Not so much that our guys don't care, just that the Iowa team has a lot of players from the state to which the game just means more.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
How are you "more motivated"? What does being "more motivated" look like? Being "more motivated" implies we are less motivated. So does Tamin show up and just decide he's going to take it easy tonight? Does Sandfort really try extra hard to make his jump shots?

These are D1 coaches and D1 players. They show up, and they play to the best of their abilities. Now maybe there's an argument we aren't as mentally sharp against Grambling as we are against Kansas. Sure. But this isn't happening for the Iowa game.
I literally listed several reasons Iowa could be more motivated for this game. Motivation does not only exist in a vacuum. It is different for everyone and changes all the time.

ISU was not physically sharp last year in IC.
Yes, you get it! They slept walked for the first 10 minutes of that game and didn't belong on the same court as Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Damn. Carver might be an improvement to the Knapp in terms of fan support. Devries will be very comfortable with all the empty seats in Carver. Drake is in one of its best stretches since Maury John and 5 minutes to tipoff the crowd for the opener is pathetic. I feel bad. The Knapp was rocking in 2007-08.
Went to my first game of the season last night couldn't believe how empty the Knapp was. Figured St Louis was gem of the non conference schedule but probably 1/2 full. It was a great game. Drake has a really good true freshman in Kevin Overton. Hope they can keep him.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and clonehome

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Went to my first game of the season last night couldn't believe how empty the Knapp was. Figured St Louis was gem of the non conference schedule but probably 1/2 full. It was a great game. Drake has a really good true freshman in Kevin Overton. Hope they can keep him.
I stopped watching really early on when I realized Drake didn't have any chance of covering the -13 I put on them. Saw it was close toward the end but didn't flip back to it. Drake win?

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I stopped watching really early on when I realized Drake didn't have any chance of covering the -13 I put on them. Saw it was close toward the end but didn't flip back to it. Drake win?
Yes big comeback down 44-25. Ended up winning 75-69 Tucker did not play well either. I don't think Drake is as good as last year but I think they'll still compete and maybe win the Valley again. Similar to last year they have a solid 4-5 players but very little after that. Indiana State to me is the team to beat in the MVC this year

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yes big comeback down 44-25. Ended up winning 75-69 Tucker did not play well either. I don't think Drake is as good as last year but I think they'll still compete and maybe win the Valley again. Similar to last year they have a solid 4-5 players but very little after that. Indiana State to me is the team to beat in the MVC this year
Dang, they almost came back and covered for me. That was my only leg of a 4-teamer that I lost.

Reactions: GoHawks

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
john-goodman-laughing.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron