Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

CysFam

Jul 24, 2021
Amazing talent, terrible ego and on court antics. Again, passing and shooting she is amazing. Her whining after every call or non call on her is gross and the shrug/gimme more noise after she makes a basket is nauseating. I would not want my child to think that’s how a player/teammate is supposed to act on the court. Hawks thing she can do no wrong and it’s only hurting her when it comes to correcting these behaviors.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't miss living in Iowa for this very reason. Never hear about Iowa. I had never heard of her till the championship game last year, and that was because the LSU girl made a big stink of it.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Candide and irish

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I posted this before.
She is a fantastic ball player. Great scorer.
But, as a role model for young players, I find her actions on the court can be a problem. Young players should copy her work that got her to this point, not her actions on the court.

We see complaining to the refs way too often:
1678554188564.jpeg

Her shrug is a sign of disrespect to her opponents. It’s like, "You can’t stop me":
1678554220340.jpeg

This playing to the crowd is her way of saying, "Look at me! I'm great"
I don't need my teammates.
1678554253429.jpeg

I’m reminded of Walter Payton or Barry Sanders. They let their play speak for them. Respect the game you are playing. Respect the officials. Respect your opponents.
Respect your teammates. Messi does not stand in front of the crowd after a victory without his teammates. And Clark is no where near the star of her sport the way Messi is worldwide.
No one person is more important than the game.

She gets that shrug from MJ. He did it once in the finals after hitting g 6 straight threes and it was an iconic moment. She seems to do it all the time. It's lame.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
How do you not put your quickest little guard and face guard her all day long? Get all up in her. It seems like they aren't even trying to guard her most times.
This. Exactly this. Agitate and irritate.

Faceguard her the whole court, double team after half court.

Isn't that essentially what LSU did to beat them?

They don't have the horses this year to go as far if CC is facing constant pressure.

Reactions: Jdk

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Amazing talent, terrible ego and on court antics. Again, passing and shooting she is amazing. Her whining after every call or non call on her is gross and the shrug/gimme more noise after she makes a basket is nauseating. I would not want my child to think that’s how a player/teammate is supposed to act on the court. Hawks thing she can do no wrong and it’s only hurting her when it comes to correcting these behaviors.

These kinds of antics are pretty normal for Hok players.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyched and joefrog

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

They don't have the horses this year to go as far if CC is facing constant pressure.
Nah. CC was clearly the best player on the floor that game, 31 pts., 8 assists, 42% from 3. Biggest reason LSU won is they shot 65% from 3 as a team, even though they were a 36% 3-pt shooting team on the season. Carson off their bench was 5-6 and had 22 pts even though she averaged I think 8 ppg on the season. She played lights out.

Reactions: iarick

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
She literally runs the opposite direction in which she was shoved. I've never seen this, but this is hilariously bad flopping.

It's funny if you read the YouTube comments on that video where CC fake throws herself 30 feet, it's 99% homers who aren't even pointing out how hilariously obvious the acting/faking is.

I'd agree with them the first foul across that other player's face looks really bad, possible it was an accident but still looks bad either way. CC hurling herself across the court into her bench...an NBA official really might call a flopping foul on CC the way the NBA is being officiated this year, they are calling fouls on floppers more and more. They are consistently calling fouls on offensive shooters who kick out their legs now (it's reviewable) and 20 years ago that was just a normal allowed strategy.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Nah. CC was clearly the best player on the floor that game, 31 pts., 8 assists, 42% from 3. Biggest reason LSU won is they shot 65% from 3 as a team, even though they were a 36% 3-pt shooting team on the season. Carson off their bench was 5-6 and had 22 pts even though she averaged I think 8 ppg on the season. She played lights out.
Sounds like Carson was the best player on the floor then.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
She gets that shrug from MJ. He did it once in the finals after hitting g 6 straight threes and it was an iconic moment. She seems to do it all the time. It's lame.
Did she watch that as an infant? MJ is 60 years old. Maybe she Googled iconic taunts or something. Then decided to make it a constant sign of disrespect.

Edit: Looked up the year, MJ did it in 1992. Totally strange for someone her age.

Last edited:
Reactions: WartburgClone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Did she watch that as an infant? MJ is 60 years old. Maybe she Googled iconic taunts or something. Then decided to make it a constant sign of disrespect.

Edit: Looked up the year, MJ did it in 1992. Totally strange for someone her age.

We all know our beared buddy from Madrid, Quinn, compared her to MJ.

• Wow
Reactions: carvers4math

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

They miss Czinano like crazy. Caitlin's obviously great but Czinano made them elite as a team.

Help Support Us

Become a patron