This is nitpicky and really not a big deal

Clone1138

Apr 18, 2013
Central Iowa
Good god, do you guys like anything? You dont like what the announcer, hate Cyclone Alley, hate chants, hate court rushes, hate the pep band, hate pep band chants (those are annoying), don't like old people that don't stand the whole game, hate the Flex cam, smile cam, jukebox play, Sweet Caroline....did I miss anything? I think the only thing that is liked are Clone Cones.

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Gary Wade is so much better on the PA than the football PA announcer. It's not even close. But why are people complaining about the PA announcer after beating a Top 10 team anyway?

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
I hate it when people show emotion at sporting events. They aren't really supposed to be fun. Also got really annoyed when everyone kept standing so much during the game. Do we have to cheer every time Iowa State scores a hoop?

(Not sure how to make one of those pirate faces on my phone, but I hope my sarcasm is obvious.)

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
I think Gary helps the atmosphere, I may not remember much of the games I attended back as a kid, but I still remember his lineup announcements, Hoiberg for 3, etc. and the enthusiasm he had. Loved it. We Got Em may not seem great, but it just adds to making Hilton a tough environment as it's the final shot to a team that ISU just beat and piles on to their low feeling.

MeanDean

Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Good god, do you guys like anything? You dont like what the announcer, hate Cyclone Alley, hate chants, hate court rushes, hate the pep band, hate pep band chants (those are annoying), don't like old people that don't stand the whole game, hate the Flex cam, smile cam, jukebox play, Sweet Caroline....did I miss anything? I think the only thing that is liked are Clone Cones.

Mess

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Count me in the "annoyed by it" group. If you want to yell something, yell the final score. I would have no issue with a long, loud Wolverines 70, Iowa State 77 type thing.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I didn't even hear that over the noise in Hilton. Meh, kinda bush-league, but who cares? I don't think that Gary Wade does this all the time. This was a super jacked-up Hilton on Sunday against the hated Big 10.

I like that they played Sweet Caroline only after the win. (Take note football, don't freaking play it ever in the 3rd.)

Also, involving the song Sweet Caroline the part:

*Instead of singing - "Sweet Caroline, ba - ba - baaaa!" (Like everyone else who has ever heard the song.) - Why not incorporate a little "Iowa State-ness" to it and replace the ba's to make it more unique to us?

It should be sung by Cyclone Nation as: "Sweet Caroline, I! - S! - U!" (It is so simple, and should be taken advantage of. Plus, really makes it our Cyclone Celebration song that way.)

"Good times never feel so good - "Cy - Clones! Cy - Clones!?" Well, let's at least do the I! S! U! part, that is simple.:wink:

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
I have a bigger problem when he says "fouled after the basket" instead of fouled on the shot. Fouled after the basket implies something totally different.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I didn't even hear that over the noise in Hilton. Meh, kinda bush-league, but who cares? I don't think that Gary Wade does this all the time. This was a super jacked-up Hilton on Sunday against the hated Big 10.

I like that they played Sweet Caroline only after the win. (Take note football, don't freaking play it ever in the 3rd.)

Also, involving the song Sweet Caroline the part:

*Instead of singing - "Sweet Caroline, ba - ba - baaaa!" (Like everyone else who has ever heard the song.) - Why not incorporate a little "Iowa State-ness" to it and replace the ba's to make it more unique to us?

It should be sung by Cyclone Nation as: "Sweet Caroline, I! - S! - U!" (It is so simple, and should be taken advantage of. Plus, really makes it our Cyclone Celebration song that way.)

"Good times never feel so good - "Cy - Clones! Cy - Clones!?" Well, let's at least do the I! S! U! part, that is simple.:wink:
Like the idea but in my head it doesn't really seem to fit in the song. Would like to see it customized though. I still don't know the exact words so it shouldn't be to hard to switch.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Personally I enjoy his sarcastic "That foul is on (fill in Cyclone player here)" call after a particularly bad call or during a game when the refs are struggling. I guess it's because that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Gary Wade is so much better on the PA than the football PA announcer. It's not even close. But why are people complaining about the PA announcer after beating a Top 10 team anyway?

There is such thing as a dumb question.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I think we are losing sight of what is really important here. If ISU continues to win big time games against big time competition at Hilton I don't give a **** what the PA announcer yells. Just keep those wins coming.

I wouldn't even care if the guy drops a Shiva Blast...

[video=youtube;vlb890Rivsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlb890Rivsw[/video]

Last edited:

WDMCyclone

Feb 5, 2013
WDM/Ames, Iowa
I think we are losing sight of what is really important here. If ISU continues to win big time games against big time competition at Hilton I don't give a **** what the PA announcer yells. Just keep those wins coming.

I wouldn't even care if the guy drops a Shiva Blast...

[video=youtube;vlb890Rivsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlb890Rivsw[/video]
best show ever

Help Support Us

Become a patron