Thanks Austen

HuskyCy5

Jan 23, 2009
He might be the toughest son of a ***** I've seen in cardinal and gold. He'll always be one of my favorite Cyclones. It's a damn shame to see his career end the way it did.

It is a shame that Austen went down at this point. I remember Arnaud going a whole season unable to take 1 snap off so not to burn Tiller's redshirt. Those are the sacrifices that make losing him for Senior Day so tough. He should be very proud of his career as it is a shining example of making the best of your situation! I hope like many that he is able to come on as a GA because he would be awesome on to have on Staff.

WeBeJ

Dec 2, 2008
Omaha
It's too bad he can't just go out and take a ceremonial knee, so he could start his last home game.

He had the heart and desire you hope all players would have.

greatshu

Dec 4, 2007
KS
Austen is very similar to DG on our basketball team. He gave everything he had for our team.

Hope you can recover soon.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's too bad he can't just go out and take a ceremonial knee, so he could start his last home game.

He had the heart and desire you hope all players would have.
If he's able to walk and stuff, I'd love to see him send out there for the first snap Saturday night just to take a knee and get the standing O he deserves. Part of me thinks though he wouldn't do that because it's hurt the team.
With Austin's heart and work ethic, don't count him out for the NFL. Anyone remember Kurt Warner?

Austen has zero chance at the NFL as a QB, and he may never be the same player depending on the severity of his knee.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
With Austin's heart and work ethic, don't count him out for the NFL. Anyone remember Kurt Warner?

I remember watching Kurt play live for the Barnstormers and thinking this guy can make all of the throws and he is so consistent.

I wish Austin nothing but the best and would be very pleased to see him in some capacity in the NFL, but I don't foresee it happening. I hope to eat a giant plate of crow on this one...

CF_Cyclone

Mar 31, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
I think his dad John had his ISU career end the same way and was unable to finish out his senior year due to a knee injury.

His dad's injury happened in 1981, which would have been his junior year, with the clones ranked at a record of 5-1-1 at the time. I remember when it happened, he was in so much pain from the injury that he passed out and did not wake up until the next day and they had already operated on his knee.

Thanks Austen, like your dad you are a great cyclone.

Last edited:

muleboy09

Jan 14, 2007
Thanks Austen for the all the hard work you put into being a Big 12 quarterback. Iowa State will have many more QB's, but your determination and will to win, won't be matched for awhile. You are and always will be a great ambassador for Iowa State University.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Austen has a huge heart and definitely was one tough SOB. Quite the contrast to Kurt Warner... one of the most accurate quarterbacks in NFL history.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
That kid gave everything to ISU. If nothing else I will miss his interviews and just the way he is the perfect example of how to conduct yourself as not only a student-athlete but a person.

Reactions: CyCrazy

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
Still would like to see him play one last time against Missouri/Bowl... Classy post, Classy student athlete.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
AA, Thx for the memories. Sorry about your knee, hope you fully recover! I will remember you as a great Cyclone! Thx for wearing the cardinal & gold and giving your best effort, and for reprensenting yourself and your school so well. May God give you strength and healing as you recover!

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
Once again AA is a great young man !!I thank you soo much for keeping this team (family ) together through thick and thin when that other coach left you all reeling ! You kept your head pulled the men together and took charge of becoming more of a family!!We LOVE YOu Austen!!Good luck in your life may it be filled with great things!!You are A wonderful young man! The Wrights

Help Support Us

Become a patron