Royce White article in Esquire

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I think history will not look back fondly at the NBA and how they handled this. I think Royce was clearly a NBA caliber player. I could see if he thinks they do enough with the new CBA him actually coming back and having a nice career.

Anyone that follows him should know it isn’t a mental health issue preventing him from the NBA it is a policy on mental health issue.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014 and MNCyGuy

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
Royce was an NBA level talent and one of the more naturally gifted players I’ve seen, but he would have had to semi-consistently work to improve his skills and work on/put more effort into his help and pnr D to stick around and make a discernible and prolonged impact in the NBA. Tough for someone with his condition to focus on stuff like that. He will always be able to naturally dominate a lot of b-ball leagues out there. Hope he identifies and finds what he seeks/is seeking. He was awesome to watch at ISU and seems like a great and interesting guy to be around.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He was the most talented Cyclone that I’ve watched. When he came to play, I do think I’ve watched too many that were better,

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
There's a view that Royce might have made more immediate impact about mental illness if he "stuck it out" and built an NBA profile. But we're missing a detail: He seemed willing to compete, but in a way, he had to choose between functioning during travel, due to health condition(s) that continue to be misunderstood -or, if he used medication to deal with it, it marginalized his ability to compete effectively. Then, his employer (and the league, apparently) chose to dismiss his concern.

It's a little short-sighted to assume he could've just "dealt with it" long enough to make a splash, then use that as leverage.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
I think history will not look back fondly at the NBA and how they handled this. I think Royce was clearly a NBA caliber player. I could see if he thinks they do enough with the new CBA him actually coming back and having a nice career.

Anyone that follows him should know it isn’t a mental health issue preventing him from the NBA it is a policy on mental health issue.

Exactly.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I hope Royce is taking care of his children in addition to his mental issues. I won’t be a fan of his until I know he is a good father in addition to being a good advocate for mental issues.

Help Support Us

Become a patron