Pumping the brakes on the Tournament

LACyclone

Mar 16, 2012
Beverly Hills, CA
I wonder if there is a “Let’s Pump the Brakes” thread on the UNC message board now that they lost at home to Wofford (and the Heels looked horrible the entire game).

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No indication? Disagree. Tonight wasn’t just a lack of effort. Does UNI also have no indication?

What a team’s floor (tonight) and ceiling (UNI thus far) is an indication of how a team will do imo.

Well I guess we should all just give up then.

Much easier that way.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Here are the Top 12 teams with remaining SOS according to ESPNs BPI...

upload_2017-12-21_8-5-22.png

All 10 Big 12 teams in the Top 12... Including the first 5.

Will be brutal.

cyclonestans

Dec 20, 2013
Iowa
I wonder if there is a “Let’s Pump the Brakes” thread on the UNC message board now that they lost at home to Wofford (and the Heels looked horrible the entire game).

This is what I was thinking. I have always been in the group of "It's not who you lose to (or look bad against), its who you beat that defines a team" Obviously their are outliers every year.

BillBrasky4Cy

Dec 10, 2013
Many years when a conference is picked to be tough they arent. Big 12 not excluded. IMO!

KU, TCU, OU, WV, and Baylor will all be extremely tough games but I think Tech, KSU, OSU, and Texas are being given way too much credit. I'm not buying Tech until they show me something in conference, we've seen them run through a soft non con several times. Texas continues to do less with more. Oklahoma St is a 2 loss team and their RPI is only at 82, so obviously their competition has been pretty poor. K-State played a god awful non conference schedule. They are a two loss team and their RPI is 160. Yes, the conference is going to be a grind like always but IMO there are several "good" teams that have poor home court advantages and I don't think that gets talked about enough.

moldy78

Dec 19, 2017
Just to update on the article, for those interested in the actual content, even if we go 3-1 in our next 4 (assuming a loss in AFH), we're still projected at about 6 wins total for the regular season. Would need to pick up two major upsets to in addition to be on pace to make the tourney.

Of course blowing a team out or something would improve that outlook a little.

Cloneman89

Sep 28, 2014
I think the fans on here are delusional! The team I just saw live was outplayed all night by a so called also ran in B12. This team is going to struggle and to place expectations of the NCAA or even NIT on them is ridiculous! 3-4 of them need to hit their shots and these guys were like bricklayers tonight. Defense was non existent. Stop pumping sunshine up peoples behinds- these guys are great guys but winning more than 3-4 games will be a struggle from now. NIT might be a pipe dream. Stop with your silliness and enjoy the players. They are trying but are limited - CSP only has what he has!

moldy78

Dec 19, 2017
Kenpom now projects ISU at 3.6 wins the rest of the way. I'll take the over on that but still pretty grim.

Would need to run off 5 straight to be favored to get to 8 wins in our last 17.

ianoconnor

Nov 11, 2007
Urbandale
carboot.jpg

Help Support Us

Become a patron