*** Official Kansas State VS #20 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Right. Overreact much?

Stupid take
I don’t actually mean it is a foreable offense but I’m so freaking sick of loosing to mediaocre teams in Hilton. We shouldn’t lose to anyone at home let alone a team like KState. It isn’t just this game either. It’s a pattern with Prohm. WTF kind of last possession was that. He could have driven in for basically a layup with how much time we had left.

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Poor late game coaching and player execution again. I swear to god teams don’t worry when trailing us because they know we will slow down and run one on one sets the last few minutes. They will take their chances with it. Why not run a few set plays for ***** sake?
These guys were out toughed again, soft, weak minded. Maybe a .500 team now in league. Very very disappointing!!!!!

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Babb misses wide open 3 to seal it and Wiggy misses free throw.

I agree; these were lost opportunities that were not on coaching.
That feed to NWB was great execution and he had a wide-open, flat-footed shot.
Wiggs not hitting cluch FTs was just another gift to them, plus he's not a good enough ball-handler to dribble into the lane; B12 defenses are too good for average dribblers.

IbSvU

Feb 6, 2012
Wigginton is guarding the opposing team’s best perimeter player far too often. Also, this team falls for too many pumpfakes and needs to do a better job staying vertical at the rim instead of hopelessly swatting at shots

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Very disappointing. The final sequence: missed front end, matador defense, no help, and then inexcusable lack of thought in getting the ball in bounds after Brown scored, leading to horrible last shot. Very disappointing.

Malone

Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Prohm continues to be a bottom half coach in this conference. He can get the dudes but Is maybe the worst in the conference with strategy. Doesnt seem to understand momentum (rotations), how to take advantage of mismatches, or draw up out of bounds plays. “Give the ball to X and have X make a play” isn’t a winning strategy.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
But he is responsible for how we continually play poorly in the last 4 minutes of every game contested game in the last two years. It's not a coincidence. Arizona, Baylor and Kansas State.
Again false. He doesn’t play. The players play. The players are responsible for being ****.

• Creative
Reactions: Urbandale2013

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
KYSAG as far as NCAA. Probably a bubble NIT if this keeps up and probably will with. Even if Prohm could coach, the crooked officiating will keep them from winning 8 more games

People were picking KSU second in the league but this really hurts losing at home blowing the lead.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We just got beat by Baylor and Kansas state at home with 4 guys who are supposed to be in the nba in the next few years. What do u think the issue is if it’s not coaching?

You know how many open missed shots we had against a highly physical team like KSU? We are more of a finesse team built similar to KU and have less experience at crucial positions. If you thought we would stroll through the b12 this year you are on crack.

HoustonClone

Apr 13, 2006
I don’t actually mean it is a foreable offense but I’m so freaking sick of loosing to mediaocre teams in Hilton. We shouldn’t lose to anyone at home let alone a team like KState. It isn’t just this game either. It’s a pattern with Prohm. WTF kind of last possession was that. He could have driven in for basically a layup with how much time we had left.

It's called reality. We're not good enough (yet) to expect to win every game in Hilton. I'll admit I do, and am severely disappointed when we lose, but it's not realistic with this team. It's just not.

Help Support Us

Become a patron