***Official 2017 Transfer Thread***

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
He's the 15th best scorer in Marshall history, and 8th in assists.

1. The CUSA is better than the Ivy League
2. Kane averaged 15ppg 5 rpg 4.5 Apg and 1 spg. Those are pretty damn good numbers for a 6-4 guard.

I think he put up close to crazy numbers at Marshall

He also put up better number at ISU (17.1/6.8/5.9) than he did at Marshall. Also, I wouldn't say 15/5/4.5 are "crazy number". Good numbers for sure, but nothing about them is crazy.

ILiftWithRoyce

Feb 6, 2012
Ankeny
Count me in the group that isn't crazy about Jackson playing the point next year. Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I think he can't play the point, but I just feel his true effectiveness could really take a steep drop at the point. Jackson is deadly at shooting the 3 ball, particularly when he is open and assisted. When playing the point, I think he'll quickly realize how drastically the number of those open looks disappear when you've got the ball in your hands so much more. Good example would be Jake Sullivan. Shoot, even look at Monte. I don't really think Monte truly mastered the art of creating his own shots too well until Senior year. Secondly, I also just wish the dude was about 2 inches taller (closer to Monte's height), which would help him drastically with everything in running the point, as well as scoring at the point. Again, don't get me wrong, I don't want to doubt his PG abilities too much as he could easily prove me wrong, but rather I think his skill set would simply be of greater value if we could get him off the ball doing what he does best. I have no doubt he could turn into one of the best shooting guards in the nation.

As for Lindell Wigginton running the point, I plead the 5th due to a lack of information. I just haven't seen enough of him to tell. Maybe he is a great PG, maybe he is more like Jackson where he would be better being utilized off the ball. If they are both off-the-ball type guys, then I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in an experience graduate senior point guard. If so, shoot, there is easily room for all 3 guys to be on the court at the same time. With next years team, there is PLENTY of PT to go around. Also, just because you are off the ball doesn't mean that there isn't room for any of them to shine.

Wigginton plays off the ball alot I believe, as Oak Hill also has a highly rated true PG he plays alongside (I think). Would be interesting to see Babb play more of a point forward role with Jackson and Wigginton off the ball. Babb has shown to be a pretty capable ball handler, and his driving ability could really open up two deadly wing shooters, plus Young coming off the P & R.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I am interested to see who the big name sit out transfers are. I think Jeter transfers from Duke. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple Kentucky transfers, Humphries and Wynyard.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
He is but Ivy Leage talent is not very good. Had a friend who played Ivy Leage ball and played high major schools in the non con and he always told me the talent disparity was night and day.

Take Leland King at Nevada for example. ISU looked at him when he left Brown. Averaged 11.5 ppg and 6 rpg there. At Nevada now and putting up 3.7 and 2.6.

There's definitely talent in the low major schools but for them to make the jump to a high major they need to be putting up crazy numbers for it to translate to being a serviceable player at their new school.
Henry Caruso is 6'4" and is a good at putting the ball on the deck and finishing. He's a good shooter, too. I think he was 2nd in the Ivy in scoring as a junior. Here's someone else who thinks he's 6'4" (I've seen him play live, BTW): http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/henry-caruso-player

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wigginton plays off the ball alot I believe, as Oak Hill also has a highly rated true PG he plays alongside (I think). Would be interesting to see Babb play more of a point forward role with Jackson and Wigginton off the ball. Babb has shown to be a pretty capable ball handler, and his driving ability could really open up two deadly wing shooters, plus Young coming off the P & R.

I would be interested to see how Babb does at point. Maybe he'd be alright, maybe not. Its really tough to tell right now. The dude isn't necessarily a natural point, however he does do a few things which are pretty amazing, the first of which being a press breaker. Give that dude the ball in the middle of the court and he will absolutely burn any player you put on him. Every player ends up a good 10 feet behind him trying desperately to catch up. I have zero doubt he is the fastest guy on the team, and he makes it look so effortless too. Its his crazy athleticism that makes him so fast. His biggest holes in my opinion are that he really needs to improve just his overall skill set, his shooting, and his confidence. If the guy can make improvements on all of those over the next couples years, he could do some special things. However, if he can't, he probably won't end up being more than just your average role player.

Help Support Us

Become a patron