Novak Djokovic - Best Tennis Player Ever?

In 5 years time, who will have the most MAJOR Championships in Tennis history?

• Rafael Nadal (35 years old - 20 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Novak Djokovic (34 years old - 19 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Roger Federer (39 years old - 20 Major Titles total now)

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
This is why Djokovic is the best player, probably ever. The big moments, he always answers the bell. When you have chances in the middle of the set to get a couple breaks on him... you have to make it happen. Shapo, in this case, has blinked twice at the worst possible times.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This is why Djokovic is the best player, probably ever. The big moments, he always answers the bell. When you have chances in the middle of the set to get a couple breaks on him... you have to make it happen. Shapo, in this case, has blinked twice at the worst possible times.

Yep...almost like he is toying with these young guys! The French final was there for Tsitsipas to take...and he lost it! This semi certainly could be going Shap's way...but once again, Djoker just won't let the kids win!

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Shapovalov is good but he simply doesn’t have that top gear that Novak, Nadal and Roger have. It’s the same problem for all of the younger players.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
That blown first set just hurt/set the tone for Shapo. Had more than 2 opportunities to take that one. Again, can't do that against the best ever to play.

• Agree
Reactions: legi

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Not in the conversation for top top but I always wondered what would have happened if Agassi actually enjoyed tennis.

He would still have gotten beaten up and down the court by Pete.

He had some of the best hair in tennis, but not the total game of a Federer or Djokovic, and not the power of a Nadal. Heck he rarely beat Pete in his prime.

Exactly - Andre wasn't even the best player of his day. Fun to watch, for sure, but not the best. And John McEnroe when I was tiny was even more fun and explosive to watch.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
He would still have gotten beaten up and down the court by Pete.

Exactly - Andre wasn't even the best player of his day. Fun to watch, for sure, but not the best. And John McEnroe when I was tiny was even more fun and explosive to watch.
In head to head record Pete won 20 matches against Agassi's 14. Not sure that is that one-sided.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
In head to head record Pete won 20 matches against Agassi's 14. Not sure that is that one-sided.

I never would have guessed it would have been that close! Agassi was fun to watch in his renaissance! He ended up being a great ambassador of the game which is not something I ever thought I would have said toward the beginning of his career!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I never would have guessed it would have been that close! Agassi was fun to watch in his renaissance! He ended up being a great ambassador of the game which is not something I ever thought I would have said toward the beginning of his career!
Oh I definitely give the edge to Pete in that era, but for a dude who hated tennis and did a copious amount of cocaine Andre held his own.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

It was in the matches that mattered. In nine Grand Slam meetings, it was 6-3 Sampras. 4-1 Sampras in Grand Slam Finals.

I get the love for Agassi - he was flashy, he was theatrical. Sampras was a quiet killer, much more serious. I much preferred Sampras.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
Yeah...even as a die-hard Roger fan...the Djoker is the best of all-time! Roger and Rafa have parts of their games that are the best ever...but game overall...Novak is the greatest.
I'm not there yet. I still consider Rog the best. Tennis is in a really weak era right now. I feel like peak Roger 06-07 is still superior to any tennis player the lone exception is peak Nadal at the French

Reactions: cyfanatic

Help Support Us

Become a patron