New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks. I like that. I think it's a more complete tie-in among all 3 parts. Jersey would work only with white helmet/white pants with what we have now, but a separate set of jerseys is less costly than extra helmets (and we already have two black/white helmet options).
You have a good point. No reason why they couldn't have two different sets of home jerseys. If I'm not mistaken we have two different sets of white pants now. Relatively cheap nowadays for a pwr 5 school.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Those Ejim ones are SWEET....

lg-melvin-ejim-close-up-vs-cu-2010-jpg.68166

Especially when compared with the current ones.....

5be63edec7e72.image.jpg

The "tornado" sides on the current ones look awful.

I love how "Iowa State" is printed straight across on Ejim's, versus the curved "Cyclones" on our current ones. I also like the wide shoulder on Ejim's versus the really skiny shoulder strap look on our current ones.

You're showing your age here. The wide shoulder is lame and outdated. The current jerseys are a throwback to '90s style cuts (not ISU specifically, but general '90s style).

The "twisters" on the sides aren't my favorite, but I like our current jerseys much more than earlier in the decade. We always get the standard big-conference Nike jerseys, so there's not a lot of room for unique elements.

We're not going to change it, but the I-State logo needs some updates. It looks a little cheap nowadays. i don't think it would be hard to update without losing its overall look.

• Disagree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Thanks. I like that. I think it's a more complete tie-in among all 3 parts. Jersey would work only with white helmet/white pants with what we have now, but a separate set of jerseys is less costly than extra helmets (and we already have two black/white helmet options).
I'm glad you asked for a visual of white numbers/nameplate. I probably wouldn't have done that otherwise. The white numbers takes away too much of our gold for my taste and we start looking like Nebraska or NCState or something. Maybe a good compromise would be this, keep the gold numbers but have a white nameplate w/ gold trim? But like you said, two home jerseys...I still like the gold numbers best but now prefer it w/ white nameplate. CyUni 2021  c9 W1 12- w r w  RedfaceRedStick AStripes WhtSocks.png CyUni 2021  c3 W1 42- w r r RedfaceRedStick WhtSocks.png CyUni 2021  c7 W1 42- r r w BlkfaceBBW AStripes WhtSocksWhtName.png

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm glad you asked for a visual of white numbers/nameplate. I probably wouldn't have done that otherwise. The white numbers takes away too much of our gold for my taste and we start looking like Nebraska or NCState or something. Maybe a good compromise would be this, keep the gold numbers but have a white nameplate w/ gold trim? But like you said, two home jerseys...I still like the gold numbers best but now prefer it w/ white nameplate. View attachment 68300 View attachment 68301 View attachment 68302

If we prefer not to veer from the gold numerals (I prefer them to the white, too, in cases other than W-C-W), could you tweak that to have white trim on the gold numbers, keeping the white nameplate. Maybe that's enough subtlety to still blend. Getting down to micro-elements here, I realize.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And then how would the gold numbers and white nameplate look w/ black or all-cardinal? Pretty good I think. Doesn't look out of place at all. CyUni 2021  c1 W1 42- r r r RedfaceRRB RedSocksWhtName.png CyUni 2021  c2 W1 42- b r r BlkfaceRBB BlkSocks.png

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If we prefer not to veer from the gold numerals (I prefer them to the white, too, in cases other than W-C-W), could you tweak that to have white trim on the gold numbers, keeping the white nameplate. Maybe that's enough subtlety to still blend. Getting down to micro-elements here, I realize.
No that's ok. I think we are close and down to "details" now if they even would listen to us.

I'll give it some thought and see about doing the gold numbers w/ white trim. I don't think that would look as good but I liked your last suggestion so...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You did it again. Thanks! I do like this better. CyUni 2021  c9 WRTrim1 42- w r w  RedfaceRedStick AStripes WhtSocksWhtNameWithDarkRedTrim.png

Reactions: Cy37

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Gold Numbers w/ white trim and white nameplate w/ dark red trim. Works well w/ all-cardinal (and other combos too). CyUni 2021  c1 WRTrim1 42- r r r RedfaceRRB RedSocksWhtNameWithRedTrim.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron