Melvin wins POY in Big12

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
Congratulations Melvin!! Hard work and doing things the right way does pay off. Excellent representative for ISU as a student in addition to on and off the court! Well deserved.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
That's 3 total POY awards for ISU since 2000. Fizer, Tinsley, and now Mel. Congrats to a great Cyclone!

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Finally the Big XII gets one right. I really wasn't sure that it was going to go this way. In a just world there wouldn't have been any doubt. Way to Go Melvin. You earned this in ever way. Truly the Class of the Big XII, now you have the hardware to go with it. That's what I call the right way!!!!!

I was also a little worried somehow the Kane vote was going to "spit the Cyclone vote" and somehow hurt Mel. So glad the coaches see what we see. Mel owned this for the last Month and a half.

Last edited:

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
Just looking at the 1st Team All Big 12 and seeing Embiid didn't make 1st team. That is amazing. You have 4 guards and one forward on 1st team. How does a guy that's suppose to be the #1 pick in the NBA draft make the 2nd team. Also Georges should of been on that 2nd team.
Congrats to Melvin and DeAndre making 1st Team and Georges making 3rd team. That is so awesome.

Help Support Us

Become a patron