Jake Anderson

AdamO

May 28, 2010
Ames
Jake has been the emotional heart of this year's team. There have been countless games where someone made a big play and Jake was right there to congratulate them. Saw it today again when Godfrey got fouled on a made shot under the basket and Jake gave him a bear hug.

As much as the I hope we fill in other gaps in our play this year (defense, rebounding, depth) with the transfers and recruits next year, I also hope someone steps up to be that emotional leader.

Chris Allen might be the guy since he seems like he has the personality, and like Jake this year he'll be a senior playing his last season of college basketball. Plus he wants a Big 12 championship ring to go with his Big 10 ring :smile:

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
+1. His work ethic and determination will be sorely missed. I'm convinced had he had the opportunity at the end he would have willed us to the win. Instead, we went with the DG iso, a forced three by JVB, and miss off the dribble drive from Scotty. Still, despite the loss and only one year of eligibilty, Jake's staure in ISU BB lore rises. Good luck to Jake and hopefully we can follow him from overseas.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I've been a Clone fan since the Hercle Ivy and Andrew Parker. Jake is one of my 3-4 favorites of all time. Love his effort and his dignity.

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Jake Anderson was tremendous this season. He was easily my favorite player on this team. Every single game, he brought energy, leadership, and passion that has been lacking the past several years. Thank you for everything you provided to help this team Jake!!

BryceC

Mar 23, 2006
I loved it when Jake would make a good play and then just run down the court with a big smile on his face. Dude was just a pleasure to watch and if he keeps that attitude and work ethic he will be successful in all of his endeavors.

Help Support Us

Become a patron