In-State football recruiting, news, and gossip

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Oklahoma was postseason champions. Iowa State was Regular Season Conference Champions

OU was Big12 conference champion. The winner of the Big12 conference championship game is it’s conference champion. You do realize that the Big12 determines it’s conference champion this way, correct? If OU goes 9-0 in conference play this year, but loses to ISU in the conference championship game, then ISU is the conference champion, not OU.

inCyteful

Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Yeah, looking back the COVID year really helped out ISU. They got to duck Iowa, which would have been a loss, they played a depleated K-State, they got to play TCU without Dugan for a half (they lose that game if he played the entire game), and Texas gifted them a win as well. That was probably a 7 win team without COVID.

This is rich, hoktard fan cherry picking every game because ISU opponent was at 100% strength and playing a perfect game when Iowa is the master of dodging big games and doesn't even have the courage to play a middling SEC team in a bowl game.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
OU was Big12 conference champion. The winner of the Big12 conference championship game is it’s conference champion. You do realize that the Big12 determines it’s conference champion this way, correct? If OU goes 9-0 in conference play this year, but loses to ISU in the conference championship game, then ISU is the conference champion, not OU.
This really has you bent out of shape man. I mean, you’ve been obsessed with this topic for months!

inCyteful

Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
This really has you bent over backwards man. I mean, you have been obsessed with this topic for the longest time.

I get the angst in hokland. They were creaming there jeans with the Big XII challenges but then reality hits them in the head like a brick and they realize CMC is still running recruiting circles around them and we are still the biggest football story in the state.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
I get the angst in hokland. They were creaming there jeans with the Big XII challenges but then reality hits them in the head like a brick and they realize CMC is still running recruiting circles around them and we are still the biggest football story in the state.
It’s crazy we’re about to get one of the fastest kids in the country tomorrow and they’re still grasping at straws.

Reactions: motorcy90

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
How does Kansas keep being called conference champs with regular season in basketball and isu has won the tournament several times but aren’t called the champions?
Finally someone brought it up. It is because it is BASKETBALL. I know this football success is new, but it is not the same guys. You will catch on soon enough.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
When the Clones won the Big 12 tournament in basketball in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019 all Hawk fans said was postseason tournament doesn't matter its the regular season conference champion that matters. Clones win the regular season conference championship outright in football in 2020 and that holds no weight with Hawks.

Question - When is the last time Iowa has won an outright regular season conference championship or conference tournament championship of ANY kind in football/basketball?

Does Iowa State have more conference tournament championships in hoops since 2014 than Iowa has just Big Ten tournament wins of any kind? Seriously think it may be close.

inCyteful

Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
When the Clones won the Big 12 tournament in basketball in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019 all Hawk fans said was postseason tournament doesn't matter its the regular season conference champion that matters. Clones win the regular season conference championship outright in football in 2020 and that holds no weight with Hawks.

Question - When is the last time Iowa has won an outright regular season conference championship or conference tournament championship of ANY kind in football/basketball?

Don't argue with them.

ISU accomplishments are hardly dependent on hok validation to be meaningful. Sit back and watch them grasp at some sort of relevance by trying to tear down ISU athletics - enjoy the show.

Reactions: frackincygy

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
I cannot imagine being so insecure and ashamed* of my team that I would feel the need to make multiple accounts on a rival's message board for the sole purpose of trolling.

*ashamed of your recruiting, as I know none of you are ashamed of your racist-led program

Help Support Us

Become a patron