In-State football recruiting, news, and gossip

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So are people around here stoked to get into a premier conference like the Big10? I mean I have seen years of bashing on the Big10 here, and most have nothing but contempt for it. Have those opinions changed on this? Seems like many think it is a foregone conclusion that ISU will be joining the Big10.

I'm definitely stoked about it. Playing in the B1G West would be a nice break.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Cedar Rapids
Yet another lie! I don’t even do Twitter. CF, FB, and a pellet grilling site are the only ones I have. Please let me know what my account is just so I can see what I am supposedly posting.

Just like your info on Iowa football recruiting, you don’t have a pot to piss in anymore. Your posts are so weak/worthless anymore! You have zero credibility on here!
The fact that you are a Facebook user doesn’t surprise me one bit

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So are people around here stoked to get into a premier conference like the Big10? I mean I have seen years of bashing on the Big10 here, and most have nothing but contempt for it. Have those opinions changed on this? Seems like many think it is a foregone conclusion that ISU will be joining the Big10.

Well, since Iowa hasn’t sniffed a B1G title or conference title in Football or Basketball in years. You tell us? From the looks of things, that looks to continue for the years to come. Seems like the conference has revolved around OSU and Michigan (basketball) for years.
I have no idea where things will end up. Like everyone else, it’s seems like people that make a helluva lot more money than I do will make that determination. All I can do is wait and see what happens. Not like I go to sleep worrying about it. I live in Ames, went to ISU, and last I looked ISU was still In Ames.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Thinker

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Not contempt for the conference.

Contempt for the attention and hype it gets that leads to their arrogant fans, sure.

Arrogant fans, you ask? See your posts.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
If you do not take the voluntary pay cut when your colleagues do, then you do not get a raise or extension but your colleagues do, does that make you a bad person? seems like it all equaled out here.

If ISU does not have TAVERNCLONE fans like Iowa has Tavernhawks, then how would they be able to become a member of the big ten with such a selective and regional fanbase?

How will ISU continue to recruit on a high level when the coaches will certainly be searching for new jobs in a more sustainable conference? It is not like you can be a Gonzaga in college football. 2025 is a long and slow death away.

The strength of schedule in the Big 10 when Iowa misses OSU and or Michigan takes a lump. What will it look like for the Big 12 without playing Texas and OU?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Well, since Iowa hasn’t sniffed a B1G title or conference title in Football or Basketball in years. You tell us? From the looks of things, that looks to continue for the years to come. Seems like the conference has revolved around OSU and Michigan (basketball) for years.
I have no idea where things will end up. Like everyone else, it’s seems like people that make a helluva lot more money than I do will make that determination. All I can do is wait and see what happens. Not like I go to sleep worrying about it. I live in Ames, went to ISU, and last I looked ISU was still In Ames.
Is this the last year you guys can be able to say you could win a Big 12 regular season championship?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
If you do not take the voluntary pay cut when your colleagues do, then you do not get a raise or extension but your colleagues do, does that make you a bad person? seems like it all equaled out here.

If ISU does not have TAVERNCLONE fans like Iowa has Tavernhawks, then how would they be able to become a member of the big ten with such a selective and regional fanbase?

How will ISU continue to recruit on a high level when the coaches will certainly be searching for new jobs in a more sustainable conference? It is not like you can be a Gonzaga in college football. 2025 is a long and slow death away.

The strength of schedule in the Big 10 when Iowa misses OSU and or Michigan takes a lump. What will it look like for the Big 12 without playing Texas and OU?

I don’t know, ask Kirk Ferentz

JP4CY

Plaque + alternates = down in the ladies room
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This guy is literally the angry red dude from inside out.
what.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron