In-State football recruiting, news, and gossip

heitclone

Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This recruiting class for Iowa is bad on it's own but how many guys bail on the program after this next season? If Kirk doesn't correct the internal issues they are going to lose guys from there 2019 and 2020 classes. Plus these guys don't have Doyle to turn them into monster studs so that may push some guys out too.

I think you also have to be a bit worried that the kids who have already signed might be feeling some pressure as well. The narrative is out there and won't go away until Brian is gone, signing day is still a long ways off. They will always have some of Kirk's true believers growing up in the state who will be oblivious but you can't build a program on those guys, especially without Doyle.

cayin

Apr 11, 2006
This recruiting class for Iowa is bad on it's own but how many guys bail on the program after this next season? If Kirk doesn't correct the internal issues they are going to lose guys from there 2019 and 2020 classes. Plus these guys don't have Doyle to turn them into monster studs so that may push some guys out too.

I questioned a couple of hawk fans about their program/recruiting situation and they said they are not worried at all, they will go out and get great players from the transfer portal.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Luka Garza and Megan Gustafson were male/female twins of each other. Hard working, good kids who just went to the wrong school. ;)

Reactions: isutrevman

jmb

Apr 12, 2006
Barta will let that thing get so much crappier before he does a thing if he does anything at all. I’d bet the house on the latter.
I keep saying this new president is the wild card. She has fired ad and football coach. She is not one to flinch.

Reactions: CascadeClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Seems like you guys are just throwing out some fake comments and narratives. How about a link to some of these comments? Also, all message boards have a bunch of idiots that have really stupid comments...I mean look at all the crap you guys say lol. Cytwins sits in his mom's basement and clicks refresh on this thread all day apparently so why ever listen to that clown (get a job lilbro)? Also, Brian may be a d, but not sure where the racist thing comes from (send link). You all sound like a bunch of russian twitter trolls.

Enjoy your 2 wk stay before you get banned again.

JM4CY

Aug 23, 2012
America
I keep saying this new president is the wild card. She has fired ad and football coach. She is not one to flinch.
I agree. I think a lot would still have to happen for her to pull that trigger. What will be really hilarious is watching what kkkirks media mob put out if that happens. She will most definitely be the bad guy and the ball washing will be at an all time high.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I agree. I think a lot would still have to happen for her to pull that trigger. What will be really hilarious is watching what kkkirks media mob put out if that happens. She will most definitely be the bad guy and the ball washing will be at an all time high.

KF won't get fired for performance, too many donors love him and I don't see them falling off the table with the B1G west propping them up. He'd have to be <.500 for like 3 consecutive years for that to happen. Highly unlikely.

It would take an even worse (apparently) scandal than they've already had for her to go after KF.

Much more likely (imho) if she fired Barta, and KF said "eff this I don't want to deal with some new boss who might actually think he is my boss" -- KF might see himself out on his own.

Come to think about it, that would be the clever way to get rid of him, if she really wanted to - fire Barta and hire the first ever female AD at a P5 conference. He could claim to walk out "on top" and say he wants the new AD to be able to have their own hire and special relationship etc etc - all the happy horse****. And he'd be feted on the way out, which he would love. There's your answer.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
KF won't get fired for performance, too many donors love him and I don't see them falling off the table with the B1G west propping them up. He'd have to be <.500 for like 3 consecutive years for that to happen. Highly unlikely.

It would take an even worse (apparently) scandal than they've already had for her to go after KF.

Much more likely (imho) if she fired Barta, and KF said "eff this I don't want to deal with some new boss who might actually think he is my boss" -- KF might see himself out on his own.

Come to think about it, that would be the clever way to get rid of him, if she really wanted to - fire Barta and hire the first ever female AD at a P5 conference. He could claim to walk out "on top" and say he wants the new AD to be able to have their own hire and special relationship etc etc - all the happy horse****. And he'd be feted on the way out, which he would love. There's your answer.
That involves giving up money and we know Kirk doesn't do that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron