I don't get it...

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I know Mike Taylor was in foul trouble, but why in the hell is McDermott playing walk-ons against a group of McDonald's All-Americans??? If I'm a guy like Rahshon Clark, I would be pissed off that a group of nobody's is eating up my minutes and the fact that we get embarassed on national television. About the 14 minute mark they showed Rahshon walking by McDermott and McD was trying to yell something at him and Rahshon kept right on walking (didn't even acknowledge McD was talking to him) Then they showed McD just shaking his head. This is a tough game to watch, I just hope McDermott don't lose his leaders on the team.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If Clark isn't listening to his coach - then shame on him.

It's also easy to perceive things one way on TV and have them actually be a different way.

Perhaps he told Clark "hang in there buddy" or something like that. We'll never know.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I don't know, maybe I'm just pissed that 2 of my hawk buddies have called me givin me crap about the game but this is unbelievable.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Every school has some bad losses.

Didn't Iowa lose to Northwestern at home a couple years in a row after having a double-digit lead inside 2 minutes? Don't even get me started on their NCAA tourney loss last year.

This too shall pass folks.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think its smart of McD. His starters obviously aren't playing like they should and the walkons that bust their butts in practice deserve to see if they can do any better. It's also kind of a statement to the starters to get their heads out of their ******

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
How about shame on Kansas for not playing their bench players a little sooner than they did when they were up by 40 points? Not like we were coming back.

I don't see anything wrong with with Mac did. Not like 20 points or 40 points is any much more of an embarrassment after the way we played the game.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
I don't know, maybe I'm just pissed that 2 of my hawk buddies have called me givin me crap about the game but this is unbelievable.

i think you should have reminded them of the 40 point drubbing that an unranked Michigan State put on them a week or so ago. i fart in hawk fans general direction.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Would you rather play starters and lose by 30 or play walk ons and lose by 38? KU was extremely physical and we were getting thrown around like rag dolls. I think watching the starters and realizing that this is our "A" team would be more disheartening, besides I could imagine it would be easy to sustain an injury to a key player during that game. Not worth risking in my opinion.

muleboy09

Jan 14, 2007
If anyone was at the Colorado game and saw how poorly the starters were playing against a bad Buffalo team and how the scrubs plus a couple starters salvaged the game; yesterday's debacle should have been no suprise.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Sorry fella's -but is everyone jumping off the badwagon now. This team is not good....period, we all discussed that since day one. Place a couple high games in with the lows and enter the mood swings. Perhaps there is some problems somewhere, I do not know. However...is the fan base fleeting now!!

elbucho34

Apr 11, 2006
Let's not forget either, that alot of these guys would have been walk-ons somewhere else, not scholarship players. They were what was available when Mac got the job. Most of these so called scholarship players aren'y much better than the walk-ons. And Rashon Clark, as much as I appreciate him sticking around, let's face it, other than an amazing vertical leap and a lttle defense, what does he bring. He has 0 offensive moves. He can't post up and score. The only points he can score are if he is in the right position on the offense glass. In my opinion, the only ones on our team that should be starters at the D-1 level are Possibly W.
Johnson and Ubalich. And that is a stretch!! Give it time. Coach Mac will bring in quality players. ISU will continue to improve. 14 wins is about 6 more W's than I thought we would have this year.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Hmmm. Telling it like it is?. I put Mike in D-1 territory as a shooting guard. Last year he had Stefon plying with him at Chipolte. This year he has Corey. I am not sure the four coming in to go with two or three front line players will fill the cupboard if what you say is true. Looks to me like some long nights ahead for McD. Our season may be over by a week from Thursday.

cyclone14

Jan 2, 2007
If McD could, he would play the starters every minute of every game. Truth is, sometimes teams start slow, and the coach has to find the missing link, sometimes that will be a 6th man, or a walk-on. Against CU, Currie came off the bench and brought the spark. Also, there is the factor that these guys need their rest during the game. Running up and down the floor with these All-American players is going to take a toll on a players body.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We are offensively challenged. Offensively, Rashon, Dodie, Colry, Corey and Jessan do not bring much offense to the party. Most of the standard plays we run are defensed well. And we do not get very many turnovers. That shooting problem is enough to keep us out of the NIT.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I guess if I have a choice between Mark Currie and a tired Rahshon Clark, I'm going to put my money on Clark. The thing that made me mad the most was when McDermott sat the starters and most of the bench and brought in walk-ons at the 4 minute mark. It would have been embarassing for the starters to not be able to salvage some kind of dignity on national television, instead they get yanked for a walk-on.

Help Support Us

Become a patron