Have to Give Props to Tom Manning!

yler4cy

Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I have been one of the biggest nay sayers on Tom Manning, but I am here to say the guy has done wonders with play calling down the stretch of the season. I was extremely frustrated after the Louisiana game, but he has progressed really well. Give that guy a game ball!

Thanks for making me eat crow Tom!

inCyteful

Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Here, Here.

I think Manning and Heacock get the absolute most out of the players we have. While I don't think any team in the country has more heart or discipline than the ISU team, they aren't the biggest or fastest. However, I was absolutely in bliss today as Manning methodically sucked the soul out of the Duck Defense. Did we have a play over 30 yards?

Some of these coordinators act like they are taking their 5* Maserati's out for a drive. Meanwhile, Manning loads up the pickup and hauls the wood.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
For sure, the WTF play calling moments during the year went:

graph-downward-1-1024x767.jpg

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
I have been one of the biggest nay sayers on Tom Manning, but I am here to say the guy has done wonders with play calling down the stretch of the season. I was extremely frustrated after the Louisiana game, but he has progressed really well. Give that guy a game ball!

Thanks for making me eat crow Tom!
I thought Tom definitely improved as a play called this year.

Most of my gripes from the offensive playcalling was more prominent the last few years. We mostly were very good in that regard this year.

Still wish he’d run the QB under center once in a while tho. ;)

heitclone

Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The offense changed when he got Brock a little more involved in the run game. The first half of the season was kind of meh but in his defense, he was working without Milton and was throwing an OL together on the fly. And by meh, i don't mean bad at all,we just weren't clicking like we saw at times last year.

cyatheart

Nov 18, 2008
He has gotten better, he has a ton of room to improve, which is also exciting, the football mind is there though, and that’s the hardest part.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Just need to develop a deep threat next year and we’ll be good to go

Most of the speedsters were injured so that plays a part but I think the deep shots will come along with an offensive line that is a year older. Brock was a magician at getting out of trouble so he wasn't sacked often but he needs more time for those plays to work.

Help Support Us

Become a patron