Georges

Cycsk

Aug 17, 2009
While I was disappointed with his shooting (outisde and inside), I commend him for his effort. He had a tough job going against the KU monster. He had some big rebounds and was pounding and getting pounded on almost every play. Tonight was the first time I've seen him stopped in a long time. Fortunately, he is the kind of guy who will do more than talk about how to learn from what happened tonight, he actually will work hard about those things.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
How many long, lanky, and athletic Austin's and Embiid's are out there? Probably 5 in all of college basketball. Niang eats up slower, bigger guys and can shoot over (yes, said that right) or around other guys.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Melcher-Dallas
Now that I have had time to calm down. I apologize to Georges. He is everything you would want in an ISU player. We are just so used to seeing him play so awesome it's hard to watch him play bad. Sorry again your still the baddest mother f###er on this team.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I don't understand where the weight gain posts are coming from. Have not noticed this, unless you all mean muscle. He hasn't gained any fat this season.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Niang's game would have to devolve to an extraordinary extent for me to bash him.

I'll take his post-player-has-sophomore-stretches in stride. Offensively and defensively.

Sometimes I don't like when he hoists the 3 when half-court offense gets stagnant. That's mainly a drawback of The System (and The System works often enough to forgive it).

If this were a McD team, Georges might already be in a role requiring him to be the major go-to on-the-block scorer regardless of situation.

Cycsk

Aug 17, 2009
I'm watching the replay. I give our bigs enormous credit for playing hard. Niang was just banging with their guys all night. I think it may have taken him out of his rhythm more than made him tired. He still had plenty of energy to bang with them right to the end.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Niang is shooting the 3 worse than last year. He's doing everything else much, much better. He gets his hands on way more loose balls and rebounds this year. He's starting to get steals and blocks he never got. I'm not worried about the shot, it'll come back. Most importantly he seems to be making less silly fouls.

Tonight was just brutal all around. Kane was a stud, but if he hits even 75% from ft we're in the game to the final seconds. Shared loss.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I don't understand where the weight gain posts are coming from. Have not noticed this, unless you all mean muscle. He hasn't gained any fat this season.

They're getting sucked in by the media's YMCA old man line. Some people are easily manipulated by the media.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Why is he even shooting that many 3s? He's not Tyrus McGee from there. His best work is on the inside, not outside.

He shot 38% from 3 as a freshman. And he really needs that perimeter threat to set up some of his game off the bounce.

jsb

Mar 7, 2008
Has been off a lot of the year. I want to say more but ill leave it at that. Just one game.

Probably a bit of a sophomore slump.

But for goodness sake, he hasn't been terrible this year.

Most every team has had some bad games this year. Kansas has lost 4 times. Teams and players have bad games.

Life isn't over yet. We are in the middle of a tough, tough stretch. Got to find a way to get a few wins in the next couple of weeks and then find a way to get some more wins.

This only hurts so much because we were playing so good and winning games. Had we had bad luck (or not as tough of a team), we'd easily have 2 or 3 losses before the stupid Oklahoma game and then tonight wouldn't have sucked so bad.

Get a grip, everyone.

jsb

Mar 7, 2008
He wasn't going to do anything against the trees that KU has for post players.

They were open shots. He's got to take them. Most nights, he'll hit a couple at least. If he would have made 2, they probably would have guarded him out there (much like they had to do last year at Kansas when he hit some of those).

ETL2424

Nov 9, 2008
Last 3 games, he's 0-15 from 3. I don't mind if he takes a couple of 3's per game but shooting 9 of them is far too many IMO.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Amen. Really ****** me off to see the Georges hate tonight on this board.

Agreed. He was off tonight. That'll happen. I still want the ball in his hands at the end of the game in the box.

I know there are some day I have to just chalk it up to a bad day if I am making repeated errors at work or around the house working on projects...I find it's best to walk away, not forcing results.

AZClone84

Dec 17, 2013
I love Georges, but KU is simply a terrible matchup for him with their huge and athletic bigs. Can't post them up and not quick enough to drive by.

Help Support Us

Become a patron