Every time

GMan

Jun 13, 2008
Minneapolis
The stage was set tonight. 2 weeks to prepare. Perfect weather. Sold out stadium. And,,,, 3 turnovers in the first quarter. 34-0 at half. Inexcusable penalties.... And this same thing has happened repeatedly over the years. It would have been one thing to have played a good game and to have lost --- at least ISU would have competed. Not the case tonight and unfortunately, not the case in most instances when ISU finally has a chance to change its football image. Games like this are a golden opportunity to grow a program, instead just another miserable memory for a bunch of fans.

No question, I'm as disappointed as everybody else, but ISU also needs to have this opportunity more than once every few years. For example, beat Baylor and Mizzou, and this game will be long gone, and we setup another national spotlight game against A&M in three weeks. Just trying to stay levelheaded and keep perspective in spite of the bad loss.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
No question, I'm as disappointed as everybody else, but ISU also needs to have this opportunity more than once every few years. For example, beat Baylor and Mizzou, and this game will be long gone, and we setup another national spotlight game against A&M in three weeks. Just trying to stay levelheaded and keep perspective in spite of the bad loss.

You're right. It just seems that every time you start to just maybe believe that finally it will be different, we get something like this. I could have lived with a tough fought 4 quarter game that ended in an ISU loss. Just really have a difficult time with games like this where it is over at half.

Help Support Us

Become a patron