Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
A decent season review of Monte Morris from denverstiffs.com:

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Congratulations to Nader for winning the WCF. For two straight years, there's a former ISU player participating in the NBA Finals. We will be rooting hard for you to get a ring.

I know we still have a long way to go but I'm calling my shot now. This NBA Finals will have at least one Cyclone player in it.

BTW, I'm very happy my prediction on June 5 has come true. Gonna get myself a drink. If the Suns can keep everybody healthy especially their Big 3, they should be the favorite to win the NBA Finals.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This is really exciting news for Tyrese Haliburton. It's a tremedous honor to be on the Team USA Select Team. I hope Tyrese can take full advantage of this opportunity to grow. It won't surprise me if he's on Team USA for the Paris Olympics in 2024.

They're playing against Monte!

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
A Lindell Wigginton Update

After playing in the G-League early this year, Lindell returned to Canada and signed with the Hamilton Honey Badgers of the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) on June 14. Due to the Covid restriction in Canada, the 2021 CEBL season is shorted to 14 regular-season games per team. The season started on June 24 and is about halfway through. I'm glad to report that Lindell is tearing up the league right now. He's leading the league in Points Per Game (24.9), Assists Per Game (5.7), 3PT Percentage (51.1%) and 3PT FG Made (23 in 7 games). His team is 6-1 right now and ranked 2nd in the league standings.

The CEBL is a league that adopts the Elam Ending (please see the rule details in this link). Lindell has been clutch in the final moments of the games several times. Here are some of his shining moments.

Lindell has been a featured guest in one of his team's recent podcast episodes, in which he talked about his basketball journey including the fond memories of Iowa State. The part that particularly catches my attention is that he mentioned playing in the G-League last year when Cameron Payne was there as well. Back then they both faced a predicament while chasing their NBA dreams. Payne got lucky and found a home in Phoenix Suns and took the advantage to the fullest. He's using this example as one of his motivations and hoping someday he could find an NBA team that wants/fits him and be successful. If you have time, feel free to take a listen.

Lindell, I hope you get the CEBL MVP at the end of the season. You are only 23 years old, just keep improving and believing that someday your NBA dream will come true.

Last edited:
Reactions: baagoe

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Lindell has been a featured guest in one of his team's recent podcast episodes, in which he talked about his basketball journey including the fond memories of Iowa State. The part that particularly catches my attention is that he mentioned playing in the G-League last year when Cameron Payne was there as well. Back then they both faced a predicament while chasing their NBA dreams. Payne got lucky and found a home in Phoenix Suns and took the advantage to the fullest. He's using this example as one of his motivations and hoping someday he could find an NBA team that wants/fits him and be successful. If you have time, feel free to take a listen.

Lindell, I hope you get the CEBL MVP at the end of the season. You are only 23 years old, just keep improving and believing that someday your NBA dream will come true.
He has to look no further than fellow Cyclone Matt Thomas to see that excelling in a foreign league after the G-League didn't work out can be a successful route to the NBA. Sounds like Wigginton is well on his way.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
A Lindell Wigginton Update

After playing in the G-League early this year, Lindell returned to Canada and signed with the Hamilton Honey Badgers of the Canadian Elite Basketball League (CEBL) on June 14. Due to the Covid restriction in Canada, the 2021 CEBL season is shorted to 14 regular-season games per team. The season started on June 24 and is about halfway through. I'm glad to report that Lindell is tearing up the league right now. He's leading the league in Points Per Game (24.9), Assists Per Game (5.7), 3PT Percentage (51.1%) and 3PT FG Made (23 in 7 games). His team is 6-1 right now and ranked 2nd in the league standings.

The CEBL is a league that adopts the Elam Ending (please see the rule details in this link). Lindell has been clutch in the final moments of the games several times. Here are some of his shining moments.

That's great info. Thanks for sharing.

Lindell had a decent run as a late season fill-in in the Israeli league, which is pretty good at the top end, anyway. The Canadian league is really a low-level league (pay rates are very low which impacts who wants to play there, of course) but probably a good choice for him for part of one season. It'd be good if he could get into one of the bigger European leagues for the next season; they pay better than the G League in most cases.

Cameron Payne was "lucky" but also has a better skillset for what the NBA would be looking for and had played in the NBA. I'm glad it inspires Lindell but to get to the NBA, he's got to be a facilitator / creator and shoot the ball from distance at a high level.

I wish him good luck. I'd love him to get onto an NBA roster for a couple years, even at the end of the bench because that could set him up financially for life. Let's see if he ends up overseas or in an NBA camp (or Summer League) this off-season.

Help Support Us

Become a patron