Cyclone Alley Needs To...

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
Flashmob? 2010 called, it wants it's gimmick back.

Seriously, what's wrong with Cyclone Alley's current schtick? Dressing in the same tee and sitting on your hands during the action should make us the envy of college basketball fans everywhere. The team just needs to start winning and the publicity will start rolling in.

:jimlad:

cy4prez7

Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI6cEog4cnY]YouTube - UNI Interlude Dance vs Creighton[/ame]

We need to step it up...we're getting owned in our own state!!

But really though, all of these chants work...IF everyone does it. If you see a student section like Utah State where everyone is doing the same thing it looks really cool and sounds really good (ex: left foot right foot at a foul out) but until you get everyone (or as close to everyone as you can) in the student section to participate you're not going to be able to have good chants.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
YouTube - UNI Interlude Dance vs Creighton

But really though, all of these chants work...IF everyone does it. If you see a student section like Utah State where everyone is doing the same thing it looks really cool and sounds really good (ex: left foot right foot at a foul out) but until you get everyone (or as close to everyone as you can) in the student section to participate you're not going to be able to have good chants.

I would like to see the band come back with "Happy Trails" in this situation. That should have never gone away.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
YouTube - UNI Interlude Dance vs Creighton

can't say i'm impressed

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
The left-right chant when a player fouls out has worn out its welcome. We need to be ahead of the curve, not two years behind.

Zmac328

Dec 15, 2010
Not to be a debbie downer, but you are comparing Cyclone Alley to "The Phog" and "The Spectrum".

But that being said, CA could get more creative. Have one side wear cardinal and one side wear gold. Or have odd rows wear gold and even rows where cardinal.

As for chants, I don't know the main leader(s) of Cyclone Alley but just be creative. None of these chants are hard to do when everyone is involved. Chant "You can't do that" after a visitor foul or travel. Jump up and down and go crazy when the other team's best player has the ball. Do a Cyclone Coaster (Rollercoaster), Do a Fakeout (Everyone wears one color one half, then changes to another during halftime for the second half).

or, just a thought,

JUST.MAKE.NOISE!

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Not to be a debbie downer, but you are comparing Cyclone Alley to "The Phog" and "The Spectrum".

But that being said, CA could get more creative. Have one side wear cardinal and one side wear gold. Or have odd rows wear gold and even rows where cardinal.

As for chants, I don't know the main leader(s) of Cyclone Alley but just be creative. None of these chants are hard to do when everyone is involved. Chant "You can't do that" after a visitor foul or travel. Jump up and down and go crazy when the other team's best player has the ball. Do a Cyclone Coaster (Rollercoaster), Do a Fakeout (Everyone wears one color one half, then changes to another during halftime for the second half).

or, just a thought,

JUST.MAKE.NOISE!

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO WEAR IT'S MY TICKET AND I'LL WEAR WHAT I WANNA WEAR IT'S MY TICKET AND MY MONEY AND I BOUGHT MY TICKET WITH MY MONEY IT'S MY MONEY LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! - ISU Fans

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
The entire waving the arms things during free throws is REALLY REALLY lame, when you consider the guy shooting the ball is looking UP at the rim. The student section is completely empty at that point.

(plus they wave their arms after he shoots it)

Cydog04

Jan 18, 2011
Something like this would be awsome!!! Be hard to get everyone to do but I could definetly see the band doing. (Thats a shout out to you Band! Lets see something!) Maybe they could get it started and Cyclone Alley could follow their lead.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE

or, just a thought,

JUST.MAKE.NOISE!

I nominate you for a job in the Sports Marketing Dept at ISU! More creativity does need to happen quickly, for both football and basketball.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO WEAR IT'S MY TICKET AND I'LL WEAR WHAT I WANNA WEAR IT'S MY TICKET AND MY MONEY AND I BOUGHT MY TICKET WITH MY MONEY IT'S MY MONEY LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! - ISU Fans
yeah, what's wrong with that? Look at other basketball arenas....theres almost 0 uniformity among the crowd....

Help Support Us

Become a patron