[Commitment Watch] 2023 QB Legacy JJ Kohl

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
WTF. I'm an average sized guy as an adult. I was like 90-100 lbs in 8th grade. If I saw someone like that on the other team I would have quit on the spot.
We call them "off the bus" guys, because you know you are in for a long night once they get "off the bus".

When I was in HS, we heard about a guy from the rival school who was 6'11" 335lbs and played OT. He had a couple MAC offers.
He was an off the bus guy.
Good gracious. How did 6'0 208lb kicker Jamie Kohl end up with a 6'6 227 QB for a son? Is his wife tall? HA!
His dad might be 6 foot if we are being generous. I dont recall Mom being tall... how in the hell? Please share those diet secrets.
I am about 6-7 inches taller than both my parents.
JJ is one tall/large drink of water, for soon to be Junior in HS. They must be growing these kids under Power lines or something! LOL. Good genetics and lots of food.

Am I mistaken or is JJ considered a step above the incoming QB recruits in terms of talent and potential? That can only be a good thing if true. The next in-line QB's look pretty good to me. Can't have too many good QB's!

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Wife and I are 6' tall- Son 6'4" daughter 5'10"- Funny everyone says how tall she is and I'm thinking clearly you don't go to many volleyball tournaments :)

Volleyball tournaments are one of the few places I spend most of my time looking up. I’m 6’ and wife is 5’11”, we are on the short end for vb parents. Daughter is 5’11” but still growing so she’ll fit in eventually.

As an aside, both of my parents were 5’2”. Nutrition played a big part in the discrepancy in our case.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and Aclone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have both tall and short siblings. My dad was 6'4 and my mom 5'6. My dad's parents were about 6'5 and 5'0. My mom's parents were about 5'8 and 5'6. I have a brother 6'2 and another 5'8. I have a sister 5'10 and another 5'5. I'm pretty much in the middle. I was 6'0 until years of the man trying to keep me down caught up with me. It is pretty much a crap shoot what you'll get. I have a nephew whose dad is 6'11 and dad's brother is 7'0. His mom is my 5'5 sister. He says he got the "short end of the deal" because he is 5'10.

Reactions: t-noah and Aclone

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
Volleyball tournaments are one of the few places I spend most of my time looking up. I’m 6’ and wife is 5’11”, we are on the short end for vb parents. Daughter is 5’11” but still growing so she’ll fit in eventually.

As an aside, both of my parents were 5’2”. Nutrition played a big part in the discrepancy in our case.
My girlfriend dove at UNI. The dynamic of swim and dive teams is funny to me because all the divers are like 5'4" or shorter and all the swimmers are 5'10" or taller. My neck always hurt after talking to some of the swim parents who were easily topping 6'6" on a short day, but atleast I got to rest my neck when I looked down to talk to the dive parents.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah and Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron