Breece Hall now on Cameo

JM4CY

Aug 23, 2012
America
Guys this is a super easy platform and it's going to take them like 20 minutes a day. It's not like these guys are only working out. They're also playing video games, hanging out with people, and having a regular life. My son's birthday is next month and if you think I'm not doing a one of these for him you're crazy, he'll love it.
Exactly. It’s not like they aren’t on their phones anyway. If it becomes a distraction, Matt will sniff that out in about 10 seconds.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
How long before some booster in the SEC starts telling recruits that he'll buy a poster of them for $100,000 if they attend his alma mater?

That said, I'm still happy for these kids and hope they can make a little $ in college. In some cases, they could set up their financial base for post-college.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
How long before some booster in the SEC starts telling recruits that he'll buy a poster of them for $100,000 if they attend his alma mater?

That said, I'm still happy for these kids and hope they can make a little $ in college. In some cases, they could set up their financial base for post-college.

Who cares if they do?

Al_4_State

Staff member
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

50 years ago?

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Maybe a big company like Adidas will....oh, wait. I suppose that is all legal now.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Guys this is a super easy platform and it's going to take them like 20 minutes a day. It's not like these guys are only working out. They're also playing video games, hanging out with people, and having a regular life. My son's birthday is next month and if you think I'm not doing a one of these for him you're crazy, he'll love it.

I got one for my wife's birthday. A celebrity who she likes. He literally turned it around in less than 5 minutes

I put in some things to say. He obviously took the video in his driveway, personalized the message, and made her day.

If these guys are good they can really make some easy cash.

Dandy

Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This is the side of the coin that will be great in many ways. Hate the flip side and especially what it could mean to the programs like Iowa State.
Can you elaborate on this? I think this is great for programs like Iowa State. ISU can't pay NIL money, right? The money will come from fan bases and there aren't many better than us.

• Agree
Reactions: clonechemist

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
can someone explain to me what cameo is?
you pay a celebrity or someone to create a personalized message for yourself or someone you know. They make a short video and send it. One of my cousins had Kevin from "The Office" create one for his wife on their anniversary. It was quite funny and personalized.

Reactions: Malty Flannel

Jeremy

CF Founder
Staff member
Bookie
Feb 28, 2006
Waukee, IA
Can you elaborate on this? I think this is great for programs like Iowa State. ISU can't pay NIL money, right? The money will come from fan bases and there aren't many better than us.

If you understand how things work today (the actual reality, not the way many think things works), this won't influence the top 50 players or the 350 or lower, it's in between where it's going to create more challenges.

The big influence isn't going to come from $50 Cameos. The guys that we want (typically 50-350 ranking) today will still consider ISU because of various reasons - it creates an equal playing field of sorts. The big challenge is going to be where boosters and donors get involved in the 50-150 now and can promise a wealthier fanbase or booster base without having to hide things. It makes it much easier to make financial incentives known without having to get more involved directly. A rabid fanbase will help us, but it's still a financial small base compared to most true competition.

BryceC

Mar 23, 2006
If you understand how things work today (the actual reality, not the way many think things works), this won't influence the top 50 players or the 350 or lower, it's in between where it's going to create more challenges.

The big influence isn't going to come from $50 Cameos. The guys that we want (typically 50-350 ranking) today will still consider ISU because of various reasons - it creates an equal playing field of sorts. The big challenge is going to be where boosters and donors get involved in the 50-150 now and can promise a wealthier fanbase or booster base without having to hide things. It makes it much easier to make financial incentives known without having to get more involved directly. A rabid fanbase will help us, but it's still a financial small base compared to most true competition.

We've very rarely even recruited guys in in the 350 and below range. I don't know who are true competition is in most cases. Most of the time it's upper midwest schools - Minnesota, Illinois, Wiconsin, etc. Those schools aren't rolling out big bucks for college players either.

Help Support Us

Become a patron