Big 12 Refs

CyFy

Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I have recently been re-watching some games from last year. One thing I noticed again that I had forgot about is how the big 12 refs made it a point to not let ISU or any team celebrate after touchdowns in Austin. Every touchdown in that game the Ref came sprinting in and stood in front of our guys....I just don't get how Texas still gets this treatment when they have been "back" for over 10 years. Super embarrassing for the big 12 to be honest. I checked other games as well and they did the same to any of the teams that played at texas...just dumb

JM4CY

Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Complaining about it is not going the help. The Big 12 cash cow will always get some consideration the other teams in the league will never receive. A team's performance on the field again Texas is the best way to show proper respect to the Sips.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
Slightly OT but related,

I thought I heard during a game last year (or somewhere..), that the Big12 cleaned house with their pool of referees in the last few years? True or False

BCClone

Sep 4, 2011
North Iowa
Slightly OT but related,

I thought I heard during a game last year (or somewhere..), that the Big12 cleaned house with their pool of referees in the last few years? True or False
Some went to the big 10. Probably aged and the slow plodding tempo of that conference allowed them to extend their careers 20 years.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Slightly OT but related,

My memory is due to Covid, conferences wanted to keep their officials close to where they live to minimize travel. So there was more like a "grand reshuffling" more than a cleaning house.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Help Support Us

Become a patron