Assuming the Big XII implodes, losing the Big XII tournament in KC will be a tragedy

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
If KU (and hopefully ISU) gets into the B1G then at least one more tourney will be in Kansas City. Maryland and Rutgers got tourneys in DC and at the Garden. And the B1G will certainly wanna flaunt their addition of one of basketball’s true bluebloods.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’ll go ahead and say it - the United Center sucks and no college event should ever be hosted in Chicago.
Fiserv in Milwaukee would be a really really cool place to hold the Big 10 tourney. Only place that could rival KC. Probably will never get in, and the Big 10 will never have it there.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
Dec 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Won't argue never been there.

It's just a terrible location. Maybe it was better in the late 80s/early 90s when they built it. But it's so far from anything cool. And they didn't even really build up the area around it. It just sucks even though it's the biggest arena in America (ignoring roofed NFL stadiums)

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Fiserv in Milwaukee would be a really really cool place to hold the Big 10 tourney. Only place that could rival KC. Probably will never get in, and the Big 10 will never have it there.

Ha i was just going to post that. Really enjoyed my time there during the first round in 2017?... and looks like they've done a ton of work since... Deer District looked like a great time (very similar to KC setup)

Reactions: swisher and awd4cy

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Yes, Kansas City would be depressed (emotionally and financially) about that as would most of us ISU fans. Is there any way you could still give OU and TX their 1.5 share (I know, I cringe to give them anything) and add 2 significant teams to boost the Big12 overall and go two divisions again of 6 each? Pipe dream, right?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Yes, Kansas City would be depressed (emotionally and financially) about that as would most of us ISU fans. Is there any way you could still give OU and TX their 1.5 share (I know, I cringe to give them anything) and add 2 significant teams to boost the Big12 overall and go two divisions again of 6 each? Pipe dream, right?
F that. That’s giving in way too much and it’s only a matter of time when that wouldn’t be enough.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Well to be honest if the Big 12 continued my guess they would move it to Dallas before long anyway. I thought that was the original plan anyway. Have to continue to keep TX happy in any way possible.

Help Support Us

Become a patron