Ames Lager

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
That is good news. 2 Hy-Vees out here in Dubuque carrying it, but pretty hit or miss if it's in stock. I have yet to see it anywhere else. There is a 3rd Hy-Vee down by the river where I know the W/S Manager personally is a huge Hawkeye fan and am guessing he is not carrying it for a specific reason...None at Fareway either.
I suspect that's the problem in many areas. Hawk managers who refuse to stock it.

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I called 6 Hy Vees in Iowa City Coralville thanksgiving weekend none of them had it I wanted to take it to a gathering on the Friday with a buncha Howks.

I suspect that's the problem in many areas. Hawk managers who refuse to stock it.

It's available at Iowa City Hy Vees and in North Liberty. Johncy's liquor in North Liberty as well.

Not sure on Coralville but I would presume HyVees carry it.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I always used to buy a Ruthie when I found it on tap, it's good. But to be honest, they don't have much of anything else that I've tried that I needed to have again.

Knowing they declined brewing for ISU because they felt it would make UI mad is a ***** move though.

Oh well. Looking forward to exploring more of the many WestO offerings.
I’m a huge fan of the Hannah and Gigi but yes the swarm beer is not very good.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
It's available at Iowa City Hy Vees and in North Liberty. Johncy's liquor in North Liberty as well.

Not sure on Coralville but I would presume HyVees carry it.
Jeez. I've never seen it at Urbandale. I've asked repeatedly and I don't think they even try. It'd be nice to not have to travel to Ankeny or West Des Moines to get it.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
WestO Coco Stout and Smoked Red are winners if you need some variety. I can’t imagine giving Exile one dollar of my money.
I love both of those beers I’ve never really had a bad beer from West O. I probably haven’t boughten a beer from them in months and the last time I went in there to eat was very pricey.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
@brentblum do you have a list where it is on tap in Ames already? Need somewhere to eat between games tomorrow might as well have a Ames Lager with lunch.

Reactions: SECyclone